The lovely people from The Reading Rush (Ariel and Raeleen) have decided to help people feel more connected and have something fun to do by having an impromptu readathon! It’s called the Stay Home Reading Rush, and it’s running from April 16- April 19. There are four challenges for this readathon as well and a tag for anyone participating. I’ll list the challenges, my choices for them, and answer the tag questions below!
- Read a book with a house on the cover.
- Read a book in the same room the whole time.
- Read a book set somewhere you wish you could go.
- Read a book that will make you smile.
- How is your reading going while staying home?
- Where have you been reading at home?
- Best book you’ve read during isolation?
- What’s your favorite feel good book?
- Book you wish you could buy or borrow from the library?
- Author you want to shout out during this time?
- What is your Reading Rush TBR?
- My reading is a bit sporadic. Sometimes I read a ton, can’t get a book out of my hands, other times I don’t touch a book for days.
- I’ve mostly been reading on my couch.
- Probably Obsidio! It was a long time coming for that book and ugh, it just wrecked me in the best way possible.
- At this time, my favorite feel good book is probably Well Met by Jen De Luca.
- I really wish I could buy the second volume of Check, Please!
- I want to shout out Aisha Saeed. She is posting on twitter everyday asking people for their small joys of that day. It’s just such a small wonderful way for her to spread positivity during such a rough time and I really admire her for it.
- In the Dream House by Carmen Maria Machado
- Kingdom Hearts 2 vol. 2 by Shiro Amano
- All the Bad Apples by Moira Fowley-Doyle
- The Wicked King by Holly Black
I do hope to actually read all of those books in three days as wild as it sounds. I just have to finish all my work before then which shouldn’t be a problem and in the case of at least one of them, it’ll just be finishing the book. Regardless, I have the time to read, and I mixed around the mediums so that I’m not bored of just reading on my kindle or just listening to an audiobook. Hopefully some five star reads will come out of this!